Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0

NETS-T 3,4 & 5
I chose reflection results NETS T module: Engage in professional growth and leadership. Specifically focusing in on emerging tools and resources that enhance students learning. I chose this standard because, even though I am gaining more knowledge about technology through this course, I still want to get a better idea of how to incorporate it in to the classroom and this reflection tool focused in on just that. I went over tools that provide resources for classroom management, collaboration, constructivist learning, curriculum, lesson plans, project-based learning, and web-based learning. As well as going over virtual schooling and how the rise of distance education, online learning, and cyber classrooms is creating new roles and responsibilities for today’s teachers and administrators.
I really enjoyed going over these reflections because now I have a few more tools to grab from that will push me towards professional growth and leadership. Its also nice to be able to come back to this self assessment and read up on other things and get more ideas. It raises my awareness to what I need to know, and to what I should have already been learning. These tools will hopefully help me engage my students and keep on task, as well as provide fun ways to learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment