Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Journal #2: “Join the Flock” by Hadley Fergeson and “Enhance Your Twitter Experience” By Shannon McClintock Miller (NETS 2 and 4)


Fergeson, Hadley. (2010). Join the flock. Leading and Learning With Technology, 37(8), Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Libraries/Leading_and_Learning_Docs/June_July_2010_Join_the_Flock.sflb.ashx

McClintock Miller, Shannon. (2010). Enhance your twitter experience. Leading and Learning With Technology, 37(8), Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Libraries/Leading_and_Learning_Docs/June_July_2010_Join_the_Flock.sflb.ashx

The summary of these weeks readings were about how to create a professional learning network through twitter and how to find effective strategies for tech integrators. Some of the more valuable lessons were, learning how to take time to build your community,tapping in on great people to follow and how to enhance your twitter experience as well as how technology can support school improvement and student learning.

Do you think that these articles are helpful for beginners?
  Yes, as a beginner, I dont know much about the PLN world.  I was able to get a better understanding of how to start a twitter account and manage my community.  I can see how important it is to follow other educators so that all of our ideas can be seen and heard.
  As far as integrating technology, I was able to find different strategies to incorporate technology in to the curriculum, as well as get some ideas of how to accomplish clear learning goals.

Can you see yourself incorporating Twitter in to your classroom?
  Im not too sure if I can see myself using twitter in a 2nd grade classroom, I feel like it may be a little too advanced, but I could be wrong.  I hope to use as much technology as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment